Thursday, February 10, 2011

Telepinu.

What is his use? This God of farming and fertility needs some anger management! We all wake up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes but does that really give us power to storm off with all good things in our world? Ripening grain, the fertile winds, abundant growth in fields, meadows, and grassy plains. I think now. For if this were how the world should work, our world would no longer exist! I know that in my case especially, I could have a bad day at least once a week. If I was able to take with me all the good things once every week then that would end badly. Not only me but 100 other people just at MSU could be having a bad day on the same day as me! Therefore, our world would come to a quick end with the lack of positive things we are left with. It seems to me that Telepinu is a sad excuse for a God with his short temper. As well, the ending to this myth doesn't seem to make sense to me. All of the sudden, it states "And so, it came to pass" (World Mythologies, 25). If he was so angry, it wouldn't just pass. But okay, then again, it is just a myth.

1 comment:

  1. The best part is when he puts his shoes on the wrong feet and gets even more upset. Come on, dude, you're the one that put your shoes on the wrong feet! What a silly god =)

    ReplyDelete